18 July 2016

CONFUSION + PERSPECTIVE


my life has been so busy, but hasn't everybody's? one thing I love about the interwebs and social media is being able to see parts of other people's lives even though they're thousands of miles away, living a completely different life, doing crazy amazing things that are so unlike what I do, and being surrounded by a different culture + people. I love it because it gives me perspective. my job isn't the only one in the world. I'm not the only one who's super busy. in fact, there are people who are way busier than I am and much more productive. I'm not the only person who gets bored just at the thought of taxes + accounts. other people have to do that stuff and conversely, some people don't even have to think about it. are you thoroughly confused yet? coz I definitely am. but I kinda coming to realise that I'm just a confused person in general (insert grimace-smile emoji). I mean, I'm a kiwi livin in england and people tell me I sound like an australian so I give up. 

in other news, I've acquired three cacti and I can't tell you how happy that makes me. I relate to cacti on a deep level. 

so, guys, in the spirit of confusion and perspective, answer any or all of these questions! 1) what's keeping you busy at the moment? 2) who's one person who you admire the heck outta for being so productive + fabulous? 3) what should I name my three cacti?

love you all!

jess

+

+
youtube | instagram | facebook | pinterest | website


14 comments:

  1. Ayyyyy Australian!!! ;) (Aussie Aussie Aussie???)



    AHEM
    I've been so unbusy due to uni hols but now I'm working back at school part time (joys joys- I get a staff card/pass) I'm suddenly so busy! :(

    Do not despair about the Aussie thing I'm moving to Scotland once I'm done with uni so I'll probably stick out like a sore thumb..

    Great post Jess! :)
    ~Evie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and Cactus names: Bibbidi Bobbedi BOO! (Cinderella?)

      Delete
    2. woohoo for holidays! haha, yes but don't worry - they'll love your accent! oohhhh I loooove the names idea. SO good!!

      Delete
  2. Oh my, I loved that photo of the elderly lady with her fancy hat, and the one of the feet on the chair (heh, mostly cause I can relate. :P #short).

    I must admit, you did lose me when you got to the taxes + accounts stuff. But I picked it back up again at the accents part... that does make sense though, 'cause Kiwi + British accents meshed together would sound kind of Australian, in theory, wouldn't it? I really don't know - Aussie accents sound so NORMAL to me, I'm not actually quite sure WHAT they sound like. :P

    Well, I like questions, ssooo:
    (1. School. (Not fun.) (Geometry is killing me. Slowly.)
    (2. You and Petie. Gotta be honest here.
    (3. Tom, Dick and Harry? (I never was one for making up good names.)

    ~Miss Meg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, I just finished watching the latest Mind the Gap episode, and Petie mentioned you like Jason Bourne?!!! HELLO KINDRED SPIRIT. But you picked Ironman over him?! At first I was not pleased with that, but now I'm happy. 'Cause that means Jason is MINE. :D

      ~Meg

      Delete
    2. hahaha, yes, me too. I'm a midget XD ugh, my condolences. geometry is ROUGH. haha, aw thanks! hehe yes, those names have been suggested to me already, apparently they're popular ;) yaaaassss bourne is mah main man! haha, well, I mainly picked iron man over him coz humour + being able to fly reasons. but on any other non-alien occasion I'd probably pick jason coz he's da beeeeest. SO excited for the new bourne film that's coming out soon!

      Delete
  3. I think we need more pictures of whatever wedding you photographed. Because I'm loving the pictures we got. :-)
    Names? Oh, oh ask me, ask me. Name them after the three Crawley sisters! Because duh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, yes, I will be posting those pictures soon-ish! once I've blogged israel + france + the other photoshoots XD hahaha. ooohh what a fab idea! looooove!

      Delete
  4. I love these photographs. Each one is so full of emotion. <3

    1. I'm keeping busy doubling up on work (I'm a ghost blogger + a cafe worker. whoop!) and pre-writing posts for my blog, because I'm going out of town next week! Adulting is hard. I learned that in order to have a break you really just have to work your butt off before + after so you accomplish the same amount. XD

    2. I admire Casey Neistat. Dude is productivity. GOALS.

    3. I'm not sure about the first two cacti, but the third one definitely needs to be Captain Guyliner. Just saying. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much love! ooh, you're a ghost blogger? how awesome is that? and you work in a cafe! what kinda role do you have? hahaha amen and amen - you gotsa work hard before you can play hard XD
      captain guyliner yaaaaasssss!

      Delete
  5. These photos are incredible! Oh my goodness, your cacti are just SO cute!!! <3 <3

    Sophia xx
    A Lantern In Her Hand
    The Inkpot Girl

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1) work...i sell people chicken. :P

    2) my small group leaders....one is a mother of littles and the other one's an elementary teacher. whew.

    3) harry, jerry, and steve. the end.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh! I remember your blog from back when I was 13 years old! I'm so happy you're still here! Fast Forward 5 years later and I have a brand new blog and I'd love for you to check it out: major-undecided.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete