29 August 2010

Discipleship


Well, I'm back, and yes I know I'm a little late. But you'll forgive me right? Seeing as we're on the Bible Study page:-) So, who read the verse from Matthew this week?? Hmmmm? Well, you can count me out coz I'm a little guilty myself. I did read the verse and meditate on it for part of the week, but I got caught up in reading other parts of the Bible (like Romans--oh boy--killer verses! Amazing, try battling Romans sometime) and I also got caught up in our working/volunteer holiday which was very exhausting. But down to the serious stuff!
Who did manage to read Matthew and jot some notes about it?
Lets read it again anyway (read slowly):


"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
~Matthew 28:19-20~
Powerful verse.
As 'Anonymous' so rightly said (anyone guess who that was?!lol) we are spending so much time focusing on ourselves and averting our eyes from the reality of those people who need Christ and Godly discipleship.
Jesus commanded us to "...go and make disciples of all the nations...", this wasn't some request or fluffy little hint, it was a command! People of all ages, and at all different stages of their Christian walk need discipleship. I need it, you need it, our leaders need it.
But before we think about discipling someone, there is one thing we should go over.


Do you have a good relationship with the Lord?
Do you have a relationship with the Lord at all??


We also need to be careful about our example to others too, being a stumbling block to someone is a huge thing. We have to be careful in the way we dress, act and talk.
All can dramatically affect a new/younger/impressionable Christian.
Ask God to reveal some things in your life that might be proving a stumbling block for those you are around and also ask God to direct people to us who we can learn from and we can encourage and exhort.
Right! Thanks for joining peeps. Don't forget to comment and say what you think:-)
God bless you all heaps during this week, I hope this Bible study has encouraged and blessed you!













1 comment:

  1. Hey darling!!! Im looking for photographers for my online magazine!!! www.liliesamoungthornsmagazine.blogspot.com

    interested??? You have my email :)

    ReplyDelete