28 June 2012

the building site




throughout most of my life, I haven't really moved from house to house, but rather from building site to building site. we have always been doing houses up, renovating, extending, lovely-fying.
so I've had to learn how to make mud, concrete, bricks, diggers, boots, dirt, and general messiness look interesting on a picture.
which, dangit, can be very dad-you-just-killed-my-creative-photography-burst-by-massacring-the-garden-and-oh-my-gosh-my-favourite-tree-dad-you're-a-tree-nazi-if-I-have-to-take-another-picture-of-a-pipe-I'll-faint-ooh-look-damien-stay-there-I-want-to-get-a-picture-of-your-dirt-covered-face-while-the-sun-is-behind-you-don't-you-give-me-that-look.

but you've gotta admit. those boots up there? they are cool. I mean, I really, really want some. guys, those aren't just any boots, those are deWalt boots. soak it up.

but, I'm just so used to it now. at times I think that I just need to go someplace else to have a change from the extensions and renovations, but otherwise? it's just normal. so. if you were ever to come round for a cup of tea, you would probably find us in the throws of mud, concrete, bricks, diggers, boots, dirt and general messiness. but you'd be cool with that. coz you're cool. and you're awesome.
the end of my little story. you can go to bed now.

love you all.
be good, tell me what your house is like and hug iron man.

xox jess




6 comments:

  1. my house has a big yard. we have an acre of land. and at the end of it is this woods thats pretty cool. but my house is kind of boring. XD we're fixing it up kinda. like my dad is.

    xoxo,
    Rachel Nicole @ Summer Breeze

    http://rachyracheshobbycorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, you rock. i know exactly what you mean here... my dad is a general contractor, so he's constantly got some kind of project going on in our house. and last year, he decided to move us out of our 11-year house and build one from the ground up. i've seen my fair share of construction sites.
    also, sometimes, he takes me to help him... the smell of sawdust is soothing now :)

    xoxo,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute post Jess! We've been doing lot's of renovations on our house too, and I've gotten SO completely used to having people walking in and out of the house with muddy boots and wet concrete that the dog walked through, and all the sawing noises/nail guns/dry wall dust.
    Haha, yep, those are some a.w.e.s.o.m.e. boots.

    Love your blog!
    ~Lizzy♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like you. a lot. seriously. this is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I live on a retreat where we’re always building and updating. Tons of mud here. Like real tons. Probably. Oh, and I live in an old barn. Up in the hayloft. It’s worth it. ~Aidyl

    ReplyDelete