6 January 2011

Memories, Dreams and Reflections Part 1...




Ashley Sisk is hosting this awesome blog-hop where you get to share your pictures from 2010 in specific  categories! Hurry and join in!

Sorry this is such a long post, I don't usually do them or like them, but for this once I thought I'd just say "what the heck." So sit down with a cuppa and join in Part 1 of my 2010 journey:-)

1. Me!
Yeah, sorry this is round 2 of viewing of this picture, but it is probably the newest and most up-to-date one of me. 
Arrggghhh...if only I wasn't wearing my glasses!



2. I Love You.
Ok, I didn't mean to do the "2nd time round thing again" with this picture and I don't mean to say that I love myself! But I mean my family, and this is the best picture of them all together (do you know how hard it is to do that??!)



3. Still Laughing...
Yeah. Dad can be plain mischievous...no re-phrase that. Dad is plain mischievous.
His face here cracks me up! 



4. Winter Wonderland.
Yes, I know, the water-mark changes...typical me! But as seasons change, so do my water-marks:-)
This picture always makes me cold when I look at it....a black and white winter.



5. Birthday.
This is pretty self-explanatory. My sister's b-day cake! I love candle shots...only I'm not very good at them!



6. Friends.
This is one of my fave pics of my friends here in the UK. We were posing 1950's style and had spent that afternoon singing "Mr. Sandman" and "Lollipop". I miss having afternoons like that together. Miss you guys!


7. I Was Inspired...
By the world's ability to make a scene look old even though it's new.

8. Spring Fever.
There are 2 things which remind me of spring: daffodils and lambs...I. Love. Spring.
I really can't get enough of Spring.


9. Travel or Vacation.
This was on our trip to Edinburgh...it is a beautiful, gothic and historic city. But extremely crowded.

10. Summer Days.
I took this one from the car--hence the blurred parts (but I'm kinda cool with that), I looovvveee poppies, they are so pretty! Summer and Spring....bring 'em on:-)


11. A Day In My Life.
If you were to spend a day with me, you'd probably experience a walk. Me and my sister try to go for a walk every day.


12. All Smiles.
And who wouldn't be all smiles when they're dressed up like these two lovely ladies?


Part 2 will be coming soon!

Thanks Ashley for hosting this! I'm having fun reminiscing over 2010:-)


© Copyright 2010, All Rights Reserved



P.S. Does anyone know how to crop a picture and keep it the same width and height as normal, non-cropped pictures? I'm having trouble with cropping them, as you see some of the pictures above are different sizes and such. It annoys me so much! Please help! 




5 comments:

  1. Hey!
    Wow, they are a lot of great pictures!
    The one of your family is wonderful and I really love our "friends" picture, that was so much fun, I miss those days as well! Oh and the day where we dressed up was absolutely amazing too!
    I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are spectacular...you've really taken some beautiful shots and I'm looking forward to seeing more in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW - I'm re-following. I don't think I was getting your feed. I think this will fix it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed you - I hope you are feeling better now. Nice to see a little bit more of your life. Oh how I would love to capture a shot of a field of poppies one day - that's my favourite shot.

    OK now to your question - I checked your image source and I see you uploaded directly from Blogger - am I right?

    How about using Picasa - down load it from google for free. It will then make a database of all of your photos on your computer. Then you can export the photos you want to use to blogger and make them the size that fits your blog column. I either size mine as 800 pixels wide or 640 pixels wide and let the software program work out the height. Then you should get near enough uniform sized pics on your blog post. I've never used picasa to do this but was reading about it yesterday as you can reduce the quality abit too which no one will notice on a computer screen. All my photos are only posted at 60% quality so that my blog page loads faster and so that no one can print the pictures off my blog.

    Hope that helps alittle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are all soooo beautiful!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete